If you’re thinking to utilise TikTok for your brand, now it’s time to get on board. With 2.6 billion downloads, it’s no surprise that Tiktok is becoming more popular among content producers and brands wanting to expand their audience, and reach millions of people.
However, for some users, it may be a scary social media platform. What if you don’t know how to dance? Is it necessary to be a video expert? Fortunately, no dancing or video skill is necessary to utilise TikTok successfully. The best way to start is to keep your content fun and authentic.
Here is one great example:
You may have come across the video of a man skateboarding down an empty street with Ocean Spray’s Cranberry juice in his hand while he lip-syncs to Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 song “Dreams.” The video became so popular, many people started to re-create their own with Ocean Spray’s Cranberry juice – even Fleetwood Mac’s drummer himself as well. As a result, this one video alone earned Ocean Spray 15 billion media impressions to date.
The video was not sponsored by the juice brand at all – just great beats and fun vibes made the brand trend overnight.
Type of content that your brand can consider
Collaboration with an influencer:
Users on Tiktok are younger than on other platforms, with Gen Z constituting the largest group, collaboration with an influencer is a great approach to boost your TikTok visibility. It’s time to activate your stalking skill (not too creepy way though.) Choose your influencers cautiously to ensure that their professional activity matches your brand or product. See the kind of material that a certain influencer is providing. Lastly, don’t forget to check whether the influencer has sparked any controversy that might be detrimental to your brand.
A well-known influencer’s endorsement or cooperation can offer your brand attention and evident coolness; watching them use your product will make others want to use it as well.
Brands can include user-generated material into their brands’ TikTok accounts by reaching your customers and repost their finest video. To begin with UGC, ask your customers to include your hashtag in the caption of their videos. This will add authenticity and provide publicity to your brand. Take [as] challenge by adultswim. The hashtag encourages users to recreate their own video with [as] appearing in their video. As a result, #as has gained 3.2 billion views on Tiktok to date.
Some tips for your brand’s TikTok content:
Brands interested in creating a presence on TikTok should consider some of the best practices. Here are some tips:
- Firstly, keep it short! Most videos are around 15 seconds. So it’s best to leap straight to the point before users swipe away for their next video.
- Make use of music. It is a key element of Tiktok that keep your video more engaging.
- Make sure to use the correct format for the platform, best to keep it vertical rather than horizontal, which results in black bars above and below.
- Make use of a challenge! This is another great way to engage users to create their content or tag their friends to participate. Using the right SEO hashtags that are relatively generic help your brand reach out to broad audiences as well. For example, #localbusiness, #marketingtips, etc
- Collaborate with influencers and business partners. Taking use of a TikTok influencer’s established following may immediately increase engagement and visibility.
- Keep your captions engaging to stir up your customers’ curiosity and encourage them to watch or leave comments.
- You can also add a compelling CTA as well.
- Lastly, engage with other Tiktokers as well. Whether leave comments, responds or like their videos. The more active and engagement rates will help Tiktok algorithm pick them up and improve your content visibility.
So should your brand consider creating TikTok content?
Of course! With just a 15-60 seconds video clip, your brand could experience nearly instant results. With the right amusing, instructive and authentic content, TikTok could drastically increase your brand’s relevancy, exposure and engagement rates.
Are you ready to start your brand’s account and get your content on the #fyp?
Like what you’re reading?
Check out these articles